At Star Sports we take care to ensure that the information you provide to us is protected and managed in accordance with the requirements of the Gambling Commission. This policy describes how information is gathered and used by Star Sports in the operation of this website.
What information is collected?
The personal information you provide to us during the registration process and the subsequent records of your bets and account transactions are retained by us on our computer systems for the purposes of:
• Enabling us to set up and manage your account;
• Providing you with useful information, such as promotional offers and information relating to other services offered by Star Sports. This information helps us to improve the service we provide to you.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information you provide on account registration. All of our users’ information, not just sensitive information, is stored on servers in secure operating environments.
Your information will not be provided or sold to any third parties. Star Sports will only disclose your personal information to other companies within the Star Sports group, carefully selected suppliers that are engaged by Star Sports to process the information on our behalf or otherwise as required by law or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authority.
Also Star Sports may disclose your personal information to anybody investigating actual or suspected criminal activity (including the Financial Services Authority and the National Criminal Intelligence Service) or, in respect of any event which we are taking bets on, any demonstrable threat to the integrity of that event and/or rules of the relevant governing bodies (including the BHA in relation to UK horse racing, the ICC ACSU in relation to cricket and the UK football authorities in relation to UK football). In such event, Star Sports will only disclose personal information which it deems to be necessary and proportionate to any such investigation and where it has been assured by such third party that it will be used in compliance with data protection legislation.
When opening an account, customers will be asked if they would like a password for account security purposes. If the customer declines to activate a password on the account, Star Sports cannot be held responsible for any bets placed on the account that the customer later queries as not being placed by them. These bets will remain the responsibility of the customer. For account security purposes customers are advised to activate a password.
If a password is activated, and used subsequently by a third party, the responsibility remains with the customer for all bets on the account. It is the customers responsibility to ensure password details are kept private. If you lose, forget, or are concerned a third party has your password, you should call us to change your password immediately. Any bets placed on your account using your password will be your responsibility.
Under Age Gambling
It is against the law for persons under 18 to gamble. Star Sports reserves the right to carry out age verification checks on account holders who use payment mechanisms that are known to be legitimately available to under-18’s. Star Sports may also carry out age verification checks against a random selection of account holders regardless of the method of payment. Such checks will involve passing account holder information to third party agents. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using our services will have their account closed instantly; winnings forfeited and will be reported to the police.
We want social media to be a friendly and relaxed environment for all to enjoy. We use social media to talk to you, answer your questions, supply you with news and let you know about things you might be interested in, including market movers. Views and news published by Star Sports does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
To ensure our social media pages are enjoyable for all users please adhere to the following rules:
The following terms and conditions apply to content, promotions, apps and tabs on Star Sports social media accounts:
Social Media Terms & Conditions
1. Our social media channels are restricted to individuals aged 18 and older.
2. You may not advertise or promote non-Star Sports products via our social media channels without prior consent from Star Sports via email@example.com.
3. Any betting opinion or news expressed by Star Sports does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
4. Star Sports cannot be held responsible for the content of others on our social media channels.
5. No gambling of any kind may take place between Star Sports and its customers via Star Sports social media channels.
6. Any racism, sexism, bullying or harassment of any kind will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
7. Any defamatory language will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
8. Star Sports retain the right to remove any content or block any user, temporarily or permanently.
9. Content on our social media channels could change at any time and should not be solely relied upon.
10. If you have any problems regarding our social media pages please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Star Sports betting rules apply.
13. Star Sports decision is final.