Please note that Star Sports Rules and Terms & Conditions are both subject to change. The current set of Star Sports Rules and Terms & Conditions are displayed on our web site, and indicate the last date of amendment. Any proposed changes to the Star Sports Rules and Terms & Conditions will also be communicated to customers in advance prior to the change coming into effect. Please note it is the account holder’s responsibility to be fully aware of the current Star Sports Rules and Terms & Conditions before placing a bet and once a bet has been placed it will be deemed that the Star Sports Rules and Terms & Conditions have been accepted by the account holder.
LATEST CHANGE OF RULES: 19 December 2014
These terms and conditions govern all bets placed Star Sports. Star Sports is established in and operates from the UK and is fully licensed to operate from the UK under Gambling Commission license number 000-009177-R-104555-006
By opening an account you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions which constitute a legally binding agreement between Star Sports and you.
1. Account holders are responsible for all bets placed on their account where the correct password has been provided. Therefore, it is in the account holder’s interest that under no circumstances should any of their account details be divulged to a third party. If an account holder has reason to believe that a third party may be in possession of their password or account details, the account holder is responsible for calling us to change their password.
2. Star Sports reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet. The right is also reserved to close an account without explanation, however in such case any bets already accepted and awaiting fruition will stand, unless made in contravention of our rules or otherwise fraudulently.
3. Access to or betting with Star Sports may be illegal for persons in certain countries and Star Sports does not intend that their service is used for betting by such persons.
4. It is the responsibility of each account holder to ensure that they comply with any laws applicable to betting in the location from where a bet is placed. Star Sports cannot be held responsible for any action resulting from the use of their service in jurisdictions where betting may be illegal.
5. It is a condition of our acceptance of bets from you that, and by offering to place a bet with us you represent that:
(a) you are not prohibited from entering into the bet by any term of your contract of employment or any rule of a Sport Governing Body which applies to you;
(b) you are not aware of any circumstances which would make the placing of the bet a breach of a rule on betting applied by a Sport Governing Body; and
(c) where the bet is placed on the outcome of a race, competition or other event or process or on the likelihood of anything occurring or not occurring (“the event”) you do not know the outcome of the event.
(d) In the event of such representation by you proving to be false your stake will be forfeited and we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable in respect of the bet.
6. It is also the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that the credit card issuer does allow the card to be used for gambling purposes. Star Sports cannot accept responsibility for any action taken by a card issuer against an account holder.
7. To ensure absolute security of all customers financial details and to assist us combat fraud efficiently, it may be necessary for us to request customers to provide personal identification for a withdrawal request when funds have been deposited by a credit card.
8. Star Sports will take no additional charges from your credit card for using our services, however some credit card providers may treat your deposit transaction with Star Sports as a cash withdrawal and charge you accordingly within their terms and conditions. Star Sports accept no liability for any credit card charges you may incur.
10. If, after completion of our KYC (Know Your Customer) verification, we are unable to verify your details or you are ultimately shown to be underage or unable and/or unwilling to provide proof of your residential address, or other information required to verify your identity, we will within a reasonable time: return any residual balance, up to the value of your initial deposits, at the time of the unsuccessful verification however; any excess winnings will not be credited.
11. In order for us to complete account requests from customers inside or outside of the UK we may require two forms of identification. The ID required is as follows:
(i) A copy of your current Debit/Credit Card Statement, containing the card number along with your name and address, plus a copy of the front and back of the relevant card. (Please note that for ‘virtual’ credit cards we require a copy of the online statement plus a utility bill with name and address that you have registered on the website.)
(ii) Either a copy of your driving licence OR a copy of your passport
This information can either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or forwarded to the following address:
Unit E/9, Knoll Business Centre 325-327
Old Shoreham Road
12. If you have not placed a bet using your account for a period of one hundred and eighty days your account shall deemed to be dormant. Similarly if we have frozen your account for such a period it shall be considered dormant. If your account is categorised as dormant and there is a credit balance on the account, then we will use all reasonable endeavours to contact you to determine your wishes in respect of those unutilised funds. If you have not placed a bet or withdrawn the funds 14 days after this contact is made then any funds will be removed.
13. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Star Sports, its subsidiaries, employees and agents and partners from any claims, liabilities, costs and expenses that may arise as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions or a breach of any laws of any jurisdiction applicable to you. In the event of such breach your winnings may be forfeited and Star Sports may retain any positive balance then existing on your account pending investigation and/or the conclusion of any legal proceedings.
14. Despite every effort to ensure complete accuracy, Star Sports cannot be held responsible for any errors in the information provided over the phone or online. In the event of incorrect odds being quoted, bets will be settled at the correct price. In such cases Star Sports will endeavour to contact the account holder, by writing to their registered e-mail address, prior to the race / event, to offer the option of the bet being declared void. Should a response not be forthcoming, the bet will stand at the correct odds.
15. We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency
We hold customer funds separate from company funds in [a mixture of bank accounts/investment accounts/in reserve funds which we hold with our payment processors]. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level : basic segregation.
16. In the event of a dispute not being resolved following contact with our customer service team, the account holder may refer the matter to the Star Sports Senior Supervisor. Should the dispute continue to remain unresolved, the matter may then be referred to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service (I.B.A.S.) www.IBAS-UK.com or any other mutually agreed and recognised body for arbitration, where providing each party has been given the opportunity of submitting their case, any decision shall be binding on both parties.
17. Enquiries relating to any aspect of Star Sports should be directed to email@example.com. Any betting query received after 14 days from bet settlement will be disregarded and correspondence will not be entered into.
18. Star Sports reserves the right to reclaim any incorrectly transferred monies relating to incorrect settlement of bets and by accepting these terms and conditions each account holder thereby authorises Star Sports to withdraw such monies directly from the bank accounts into which they had been paid (without requiring any other contact or authorisation with the account holder in respect of such withdrawal).
19. Bets placed in accordance with the rules of Star Sports may only be amended or cancelled by mutual agreement. However, should a bet be accepted in error after the result of the race / event is known or after Star Sports has ceased to accept bets on the race / event concerned, the selection(s) involved will be void.
20. If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from the rest of these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
21. Ownership of any intellectual property rights in the website including, without limitation, the software, images and text (the “IPR Rights”) remain with either Star Sports or its licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors. You shall not copy, redistribute, publish, reproduce, transmit, display, commercially exploit, tamper with or create derivative works of any of the IPR Rights in whole or in part and you shall not interfere with, modify, or reverse engineer any software provided on the website.
22. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the starsportsbet.co.uk website and provided as part of the starsportsbet.co.uk betting service is made available for your personal non-commercial use only. Any other use of such material and content is strictly prohibited. You may download one copy of the material on this website for such use onto a single computer. Your use of the service is at your sole risk.
23. Star Sports accepts no liability under the law in any jurisdiction other than the UK. All bets made with us, together with these terms and conditions and the Betting Rules, are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that arise out of or in relation to them.