AUTHOR: Star Sports Content


[dropcap]C[/dropcap]hepstow’s meeting on Saturday which features the re-arranged Welsh National is still in doubt because of the rain.

Clerk of the course Keith Ottesen said that the course was raceable today but the forecast is still causing headaches.

Ottesen told At The Races: “We had nine millimetres yesterday evening which we could have done without and I didn’t really envisage – I’ve taken the forecasters to task. At the moment we’ve got some horrible, deep, heavy ground, but because it hasn’t rained since midnight, we would be racing today.”

“We’ve all been around long enough to know it’s probably going to be a last minute decision. We are desperate to get this on, we don’t want a blank year, especially when we’ve worked hard to rearrange.”

Star Sports have a specials market on whether racing will go ahead:

To take place on Saturday 9th January 2016 4/11
To be postponed beyond Saturday 9th January 2016 2/1

Star Sports head of PR Luke Tarr said: “Having already booked a hotel for Friday based around seeing the mighty Exeter against Liverpool in the FA Cup and the Welsh National on Saturday I’m desperate for it to go-ahead.”

What’s your view? CALL STAR SPORTS 08000 521 321